FSO Going Out of the Distro Business? - Questions

Brock awwaiid at thelackthereof.org
Wed Aug 5 16:50:45 CEST 2009

On 2009.08.05.13.32, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
| > 1. How will FSO -test- their stuff during development prior to a
| >    distro picking up the release?  Don't they need a vanilla
| >    distro for their own testing purposes?
|
| Why would we need that? At the moment Daniel and me are using SHR unstable as
| daily phone. That gives the framework a lot testing. We are also testing newer
| versions of the framework or the new fso-abyss muxer within SHR on these phones.

Are there any tricks to using a git-bleeding copy (built directly from
git, no packaging or anything) of FSO on a random distro? I intend to
try that on Debian soon and thought I'd ask so I can anticipate issues.
Being able to do that would make testing / developing easier, and I'm
guessing that it is what you already do.

Thanks,
--Brock