[QtMoko] new images v6 - problems over problems.

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Aug 6 08:02:25 CEST 2009

Tschaka wrote:

> Hello,
>
> QTMoko doesnt seem to make it for me. although it feels like a phone, it is
> totally unreliable. it's totally freezing occassionally, which led me twice
> to a broken file system, which the fsck at startup didnt fix (it wanted to
> reboot after fsck, but then i got a nice kernel panic).

You can try put it in NAND instead of SD card. I think Freerunner/kernel
do not work well with some kind of SD cards. E.g. i have bought Kingston
8GB SD card. QtMoko booted only like in 50% cases resulting mostly in
some mmc related kernel messages scrolling on the screen. So i changed
this card with friend's SanDisk 4GB and this one works just fine.

But NAND is probably best place to have stable phone. I never had
problems when running from NAND.

Regards

Radek