OpenMoko on HTC-Dream (Can anyone help?)

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Thu Aug 6 11:37:45 CEST 2009

> hi,
hi
> >> [...]
> What do you mean by remove android components? just remove them? or
> replace them with standard components?
> for instance the USB function framework can be replaced by the gadget
> framework easily,just changing the .config
I replace them by standartfeatures or new drivers and remove the android
specific in with this state useless features from the kernel.

> > http://gitorious.org/openmoko-msm-2-6-29
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMoko_on_HTC-Dream

> so which one should I clone,the official one or your repo?
My repo :)

> >> [...]
> > Touchscreen and mouse work perfect too.
> wow! how did you do that? I'm stuck with screen now(I've just made usbnet
> work)
You have to clone my repo. Theres a patch from linux-to-go in it, for the
msmfb. With this patch Xfbdev starts withouth any problem.
You have only need to describe "trout" in /etc/X11/Xserver
Xfbdev -mouse tslib,/dev/input/touchscreen0 -mouse mouse,/dev/input/mouse1 &
export DISPLAY=:0.0
xtscal &
Calibrate it and enjoy it! ;)

> Denis.