OPIMD: List of available attributes documented?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 6 11:48:17 CEST 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009, Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> 2009/8/5 Sebastian Krzyszkowiak <seba.dos1 at gmail.com>
>
> > This way you
> > could have for instance voip:dos at shr.com <voip%3Ados at shr.com>, skype:dos
> > or something else.
> > But of course it would be nice to discuss it with FSO guys.
>
> You suggest 'Peer' : 'tel:+xxx' or 'Peer' : 'voip:aaa at bbb'.
>
> How about putting the prefix in the attribute name. 'Peer_tel:' : '+xxx' or
> 'Peer_voip' : 'aaa at bbb'.
>
> Now it's like nesting attributes in attributes. Why force people to
> additionally parse the data.

If the content is a proper URI then we shouldn't have any trouble parsing it.
tel: is the right way to start a phone number URI. See RFC3966. voip: is
probably wrong, but sip: or h323: are well defined.

The problem here is having two fields but at least three independent
properties. We have at least:
* Communication medium (voice, text, video, etc.)
* The URI which gives protocol and address
* Disambiguation of more than one of the above, possibly indicating
association (Home, Office1, Office2, Mobile etc.)