Reading binary messages

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Thu Aug 6 12:45:06 CEST 2009

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:

> On 8/6/09, Edder <edder at tkwsping.nl> wrote:
>
> AFAIK there is just no way to detect if phone supports MMS or not.
> Binary message is sent, and when timeout is reached without
> downloading message, SMS with info is sent. So Freerunner users can
> still read their MMS, exactly as Nokia 3210 users :P

Oh, i believed that if your phone didn't send the receipt return (or
whatever it's called) then the provider would have assumed that you can't
read it.

I have 10 binary messages in my inbox, most of them received the same day, a
few days ago, and i received only one sms notification so far.. I'll ask
someone with mms-capable phone to send me a test.