[OM2009t5]No suspend after ffalarms alarm

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 13:40:34 CEST 2009

Laszlo KREKACS <laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Paul Fertser<fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not nearly correct way to suspend!
>
> Paul: Are you aware of any document describing the proper suspend
> procedure?

Just use the FSO call i mentioned. Documented at
docs.freesmartphone.org.

> Im wondering, because illume has a suspend button (when you click on close
> button), but it never worked for me.

It should be routed to call that fso function.

> I assume every hardware related function should pass through fso.
> But I would be interested what are the exact steps/commands when a suspend
> gets initiated, and why suspend duration are about 5 sec and
> resume about 2-3 sec...

The only trick FSO does is to send some AT commands to disable
unwanted (in suspend) unsoliceted "replies" from the modem. You don't
want to have you phone woken up on some network signal quality change.

On resume it basically reenables all those replies.

You can suspend manually with "echo mem > /sys/power/state" to see how
long it'd take if the modem is turned off. You can also kill all GSM
using programs and suspend the FSO way with roughly the same speed.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com