[OM2009t5]No suspend after ffalarms alarm

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:32:20 CEST 2009

Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 13:46:34 schrieben Sie:
> Please don't omit the ML from CC!

Oh, sorry, I simply pressed "reply" without looking to whom I'm actually
replying.

> On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 01:17:05PM +0200, Marcel wrote:
> > >
> > > Not nearly correct way to suspend!
> > >
> > > First of all, you're using deprecated apm. And apm emulation might
> > > be removed from the kernel any minute.
> > >
> > > Second, you're bypassing frameworkd and that way you miss all
> > > preparations for the GSM modem. That's mainly the reason you see
> > > that stuff in dmesg.
> > >
> > > Use mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage
> > > org.freesmartphone.Usage.Suspend (or dbus-send to do the same)
> >
> > That command gets me nowhere further:
> > root at d-a318:~# mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged
> > /org/freesmartphone/Usage org.freesmartphone.Usage.Suspend
> > Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup()
> > without pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
> > Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup()
> > without pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
> > Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup()
> > without pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
> > Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup()
> > without pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
> >
> > Hangs there. Nothing happens at all anymore.
> > /var/log/frameworkd.log doesn't give anything except
> > 2009.08.06 13:15:05.8 odeviced.idlenotifier DEBUG    active = False
> > 2009.08.06 13:15:06.10 odeviced.idlenotifier DEBUG    active = False
> > 2009.08.06 13:15:07.8 odeviced.idlenotifier DEBUG    active = False
> > 2009.08.06 13:15:08.10 odeviced.idlenotifier DEBUG    active = False
> >
> > What can I do to get more info? frameworkd's log_level is already set
> > to DEBUG...
>
> Looks like frameworkd is hanging due to some problem communicating with
> the modem or something like that. Read the log more carefully, those
> lines you posted are completely irrelevant. For me this same command
> works.

That _normally_ works fine for me, too, only ffalarms screws suspending.
There's indeed some more output about suspending, but I cannot find
something useful in that messages... Only... What about line 36, it's
changing the modem from "suspended" to "suspending", shouldn't it be some
kind of "awake" before being "suspending"?

--
Marcel