(om2009) OpenBmap client keeps crashing

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Thu Aug 6 18:00:45 CEST 2009

Hi!

I'm travelling with om2009 unstable from about 2 weeks ago. I'm having
hard time running openbmap and recording cells, most of the times it
crashes when I try to start it.

If paroli doesn't run, it wont start at all.
I have some problems with GPS, I feel that Tangogps or openbmap alone
can't actually ever see any satelites, but if I first start omgps
(using ublox), I get a nice fix and then when I start openbmap or
tango, it changes to fso and thigs sometimes work.

Sometimes (like every 20th restart - I really mean it, i've wasted
hours in the bus trying to run this and it's actually very
frustrating...) it starts with no problems but then I can't turn it on
(to make it actually store cell info) but it freezes and suddenly
shows no UI.

It's now been about a week travelling when I haven't been able to
record any cells, because can't start openbmap. It tries to do its
magic for some minutes (I have paroli running, sometimes also omgps
with gps fix)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/openBmapGTK", line 356, in <module>
    hwg = openBmapGTK()
  File "/usr/bin/openBmapGTK", line 130, in __init__
    self._obmlogger = openbmap.logger.ObmLogger()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/openbmap/logger.py", line
832, in __init__
    self._gsm = Gsm(self._bus)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/openbmap/logger.py", line 64,
in __init__
    self.get_device_info()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/openbmap/logger.py", line
223, in get_device_info
    data = dbus.Interface(obj, 'org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device').GetInfo()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in __call__
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in __call__
    **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line
622, in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did
not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application
did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the
reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was
broken.

or this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/openBmapGTK", line 356, in <module>
    hwg = openBmapGTK()
  File "/usr/bin/openBmapGTK", line 132, in __init__
    self._obmlogger.init_openBmap()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/openbmap/logger.py", line
1118, in init_openBmap
    self.request_ressource('CPU')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/openbmap/logger.py", line
859, in request_ressource
    request = dbus.Interface(obj,
'org.freesmartphone.Usage').RequestResource(resource)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in __call__
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in __call__
    **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line
622, in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply:
Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)

I have no idea it it's because of openbmap or fso but I'd really
appreciate it if someone could gice me a tip if there's something I
can do to fix this. It just stopped working some days ago without any
upgrade or program installation (I haven't had the phone connected to
internet for a week or so).

Too bad I'm missing many cells, can't get higher in the openbmap stats :)