[OM2009t5]No suspend after ffalarms alarm

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Aug 6 19:01:30 CEST 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 17:23:22 Angus Ainslie wrote:
> On August 6, 2009 05:17:25 am Laszlo KREKACS wrote:
> > I assume every hardware related function should pass through fso.
> > But I would be interested what are the exact steps/commands when a
> > suspend gets initiated, and why suspend duration are about 5 sec and
> > resume about 2-3 sec...
>
> The 2 biggest time consumers in suspend and resume are the modem at
> commands and the vt console switch. By disabling the console switch from
> the kernel you should save about a second on suspend and resume.

s/disabling/patching/

Unfortunately there's not dedicated switch for that (unless you don't want to
disable the whole fb console layer in the config, you can do that :)

Nils Färber from Kernel Concepts tried to patch that out on my request some
months ago, but X didn't reinitialize for him after resume. I hope when we
switch to a more sane driver (xorg?) that we can revisit this issue.

:M: