[QtMoko] new images v6 - problems over problems.

Tschaka Stuff4tschaka at gmx.net
Thu Aug 6 22:05:44 CEST 2009

Radek Polak wrote:

> Tschaka wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> QTMoko doesnt seem to make it for me. although it feels like a phone, it
>> is
>> totally unreliable. it's totally freezing occassionally, which led me
>> twice
>> to a broken file system, which the fsck at startup didnt fix (it wanted
>> reboot after fsck, but then i got a nice kernel panic).
>
> You can try put it in NAND instead of SD card. I think Freerunner/kernel
> do not work well with some kind of SD cards. E.g. i have bought Kingston
> 8GB SD card. QtMoko booted only like in 50% cases resulting mostly in
> some mmc related kernel messages scrolling on the screen. So i changed
> this card with friend's SanDisk 4GB and this one works just fine.
>
> But NAND is probably best place to have stable phone. I never had
> problems when running from NAND.
>
> Regards
>
> Radek

Right, i could have thought of that on my own... The card i actually
installed QTmoko at has been the card which has been delivered with the
phone (a 512 MB Transcend Card). The one i bought yesterday has been a 2 GB
Transcend card. Both of them made Problems.

Earlier this year i bought a camcorder. With it i bought an 8 GB SDHC Card.
My Camera stopped recording occassionally, but pretended it would record
further. The device hung, didnt react on any key input. Now guess which
brand it had ... Right, Transcend.
Now i'm having a Kingston 8 GB SDHC card in it, and it works flawlessly...

Guess i'm off to the shop tomorrow, buying sone SanDisk card, as you said it
works for you. Thanks for the hint :)

Greetings