[cellhunter] about positioning

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Thu Aug 6 22:44:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

Petr Vanek wrote:

>>> this sounds like "i come first, the rest doesn't matter" to me.
>>> we have data in both openbmap and cellhunter, can we make sure both
>>> are utilized?
>> And that sounds like "You are doing the job, but I tell you what to
>> do". :)
>
> i realize that, and it's not that way. it just feels silly to even
> think about not utilizibng all the c.h. data

I don't think I said something about not using the data :-)

We have imported data from opencellid to bring right now the best
coverage for the users. And plan to replace it with time with our data.
Sebastian, from cellhunter said a couple of times he would import his
data into opencellid.

>> As discussed several times on this very ml the cellhunter data finds
>> his way into the openbmap database via opencellid.

Exactly, as explained above.

Of course you could give openBmap a try, thus your new data would be
there directly ;-)

Onen