Unabel to SSH into Neo Freerunner

David Fokkema dfokkema at ileos.nl
Fri Aug 7 09:49:55 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 01:12 +0000, Niels Heyvaert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently having difficulties connecting to the Neo Freerunner (running OM2009) from Ubuntu 9.04.
>
> Initially I did not get the usb0 ethernet connection when plugging in the booted device, so I used

Correct. Om2009 doesn't use usb0. See
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Usb_networking#So_is_it_.22usb0.22_or_is_it_.22eth1.22.3F

If you really want to be sure, do this:

Before plugging the FR in:

ifconfig -a

(this will show _all_ interfaces, even inactive ones)

After plugging the FR in:

ifconfig -a

Now, you should see one additional network interface. Using ubuntu, you
don't need to modprobe anything. Since you already know how to manually
activate the interface, I'll leave the rest to you, ;-)

David

(Happily ssh-ing into my FR (Om2009, SHR-u) from ubuntu 9.04)