Help with FSO calls timeouts (was: (om2009) OpenBmap client keeps crashing)

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 18:15:44 CEST 2009

On 8/7/09, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
>> This might be because my application does not request the GSM ressource.
>> Thus, if GSM is not up and running, requested by another application, I
>> am not sure of how nice it handles it.
>
> Thats what I thought. Requesting the GSM resource might be a good
> idea, if FSO can handle more than one app doing it: this way I
> shouldnt have to run other apps if I just want to log stuff.

FSO can handle more than one app requesting resource (that's what
resources are supposed to do by design), but then openBmap will have
to implement PIN handling and few other things. And you'll miss calls
when you'll use only GSM-aware openBmap without any other phone app.
So I can't see much sense with openBmap requesting GSM resource...

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos