Keyboard (delete/backspace, insert...)

glenn.mh.dk at gmail.com glenn.mh.dk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 19:54:08 CEST 2009

Hi!

I have tried to find the following in the default keyboard in Om2009
unstable Illume touchscreen keyboard - at least:
* delete/backspace
* insert without inserted space at the end of the insertion point

I have tried to use it to change paths in e.g. Navit - but the
inserted spaces is a real nuisance.

-

Is there some keyboard "hidden" settings, that can make the
touchscreen keyboard useful for non-SMS style?

On this page all the keys are present:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Keyboard_Debate#Illume_keyboard

On mine I can (and always have) only seen a-z, "?", ".", "'"

Why?

On:
http://etherpad.com/zt3x1x7ERX

QWO keyboard have the same fewer keys?

-

In an earlier distribution I had:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Keyboard_Debate#Qtopia_keyboard

Also for SMS style only...

-

Is it possible to make the Navit keyboard less wide so all characters
can be seen and easier used?

Or can the keyboard be changed to a better one?

/Glenn