Freerunner audio channels

David Fokkema dfokkema at ileos.nl
Fri Aug 7 21:25:22 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 16:52 +0200, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> On 8/7/09, Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> WTF? Every phone user tweaks mixer settings by using volume up and
> >> volume down buttons during call... In Freerunner we only miss good UI
> >> (from user point of view) and infrastrucuture behind it (from
> >> programmer point of view).
> >
> > Afaik, my Nokia 3510i doesn't even have such buttons and I never missed
> > them...
>
> I'm pretty sure in Nokia 3510i up and down buttons control volume
> during call, as in Nokia 3310 and Nokia 3410. And most of users just
> set volume once, when they can't hear something or they think volume
> is too loud, and then they forgot about it - but it's still volume
> tweaking, and exactly the same is possible in Freerunner, just
> software is missing!

Angus Ainslie's mixers (pymixer.py and the newer fsomixer.py) are
excellent! Still, I needed to play with three sliders for input and two
for output.

I understand the need for several sliders. Looking at the wolfson I can
see that you can mix just about everything so you can record phone calls
while also playing soft piano music to _both_ sides for a very relaxing
conversation (I _think_ that this is possible...) but still...

David