Keyboard (delete/backspace, insert...)

glenn.mh.dk at gmail.com glenn.mh.dk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 21:57:28 CEST 2009

At 21:30 +0200 07/08/09, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
>On 8/7/09, glenn.mh.dk at gmail.com <glenn.mh.dk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  If you catched the proper notion you will think:
>>
>>  Oh My God - I have been enlightened! From now on I will also remember
>>  to think about usability and not provide my end users with nerdy user
>>  interface stuff, e.g. some non-button like button!
>
>CLOSED, WONTFIX: UPSTREAM ;p
>
>That's only theme issue, and for me it was always obvious it's
>clickable, even with ASU theme, which has only black background on
>that place.

Good for you.

>And using Illume keyboard was discussed dozens times on maillist.

And why might that be? The color? Usability?

>It
>support gestures, so you don't need that button, and you even don't
>need backspace and space buttons.

I have tried that - results in characters just popping up many times
instead... "Do not bother it is just a silly usability issue."

>And Freerunner isn't for end users. It's for geeky and nerdy users

I have been aware of that for a long time.

>, so
>usability in meaning "i'm too stupid to know if it's button or not, i
>need something indicating that" is on last place on our TODO list.

Yes, I know there are more important things that need to be done. My
excuse for focusing on usability was your answer. If you had answered
more politely, I would not have focused on that.

>There are a lot more important issues and features lacks at the
>moment, when they are fixed we can think on your "usability"...

It is not (only) my usability - everybody will benefit from it. Its
purpose is not just to get the GUI look flashy. But then again I
respect and of course understand the priority.