Unabel to SSH into Neo Freerunner

David Fokkema dfokkema at ileos.nl
Sat Aug 8 22:37:27 CEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 20:08 +0000, Niels Heyvaert wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> So far no luck with getting an SSH connection to the FreeRunner.
>
> I've followed the wiki man pages to the letter
>  (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Networking) as Angus suggests. But
>  this did not change the result.

Er... there are a lot of alternatives presented there. You need to be
more specific, I'm afraid.

> Basically these were the same steps I was already doing (except I need
>  to modprobe g_ehter first).

You really don't. Really. I mean it.

Modprobing g_ether shows up two new usb devices on my machine which are
both not my freerunner. I'm using ubuntu 9.04, just like you.

> I'm still getting the no route to host error.

Understandable.

> Disabling my PC wlan connection does not help.

Correct.

> Any thoughts?

I'm pretty sure my previous post (and some other posts as well) pretty
much sums it all up:

http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td3401779|a3402898

If you follow that to the letter, one new interface showed up. That is
your freerunner.

Good luck!

David