navit: how to set country and use route planning?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sun Aug 9 11:16:25 CEST 2009

a long time ago i was one time able to do some kind of route planning.
then, there was a way to select the country i am in.

but ever since then, this selection is not available anymore, navit
plainly assumes i am in denmark and there's no way, to tell it off.
since i use en_DK as locale, navit apparently blindly believes the locale
should be trusted (what with those having C or en_US? does navit presume
they are in the us?).

gui is internal, map is a cloudscape bin file for europe, and local, as
said, en_DK.

btw: is there a way to set the _start_ point? it seems kind of an
exaggeration, that my current position must necessarily be my starting
point, even more so, when no gps signal is available atm and thus no
current position is available.
as far as i can see, the navit wiki does not cover any of these issues.