Full success with bluez4 networking

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 19:40:21 CEST 2009

RANJAN <infibit at gmail.com> writes:
>     Cool, thanks to the hint of Johan Hedberg from BlueZ project i finally
>     got it fully working. [1] Enjoy, improve and share.
>
> So shall I install bluez4 ,bluez-utils and bluez-hcidump?

Basically, you need only bluez4. bluez-hcidump is needed only if
you're going to do some sophisticated debugging.

You don't need bluez-utils at all, that's obsolete bluez3 stuff.

As to the step-by-step howto, sorry, I thought i gave enough
information on the wiki. It gives all the knowledge you need to setup
bluetooth per se, if you lack knowledge about general networking stuff
(bridges, routers, iptables, dhcp etc) then you need to learn it
separately since after you have bluetooth connected it's no different
to plugging ethernet in your laptop, you're free to do any reasonable
configuration with it.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com