Screen in FR goes black and white after resume from suspend

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 10 03:30:55 CEST 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 19:21 +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 01:43:31PM +0400, Paul Fertser wrote:
> > tb <bumbl3x3 at gmail.com> writes:
> > > Or use uboot and not qi
> >
> > If there's a real problem to debug please do not suggest to hide it
> > with various work-arounds! Do you know any system-level dev who's
> > interested in supporting u-boot? Qi is supported and the latest kernel
> > is supported.
>
> I think I was affected as well by the white screen after suspend. The first
> time since months as I disabled suspend in my Debian installation but not in
> my new SHR installation.
>
> shr-shr-image-glibc-ipk--20090721-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2
> uImage-2.6.29-oe10+gitr119838+2d158aae9d8d36f575504f59884ed8e80802efe2-r3.5-om-gta02.bin
>
> I use uboot and no qi!
>
> It did not happened again until now ...
>
> Jens

I am using shr-u with an older 2.8.28 kernel - never had a wsod until I
changed to Qi.  It also seems tied to the amount of text printed to the
screen via klogd - its noticably more common if you have an almost blank
screen on resume - hardly ever happens if a lot of text is present

Race condition ???

u-boot never wsods for me, but then Qi will always be able to boot up
with a working GSM.  u-boot will often need poking to get serial
talking.  And with the latest 2.6.29, GSM serial has never worked with
either.

Seems to me that both uboot and Qi are missing the initialisation of
something important on startup.  And with resume, is Qi or u-boot
involved at all?

BillK