Commercial alternative to "MintyBoost"

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Mon Aug 10 00:29:36 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 08:35:12AM +0200, Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> I would like to find an off-the-shelf solution of "MintyBoost":
> http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/
>
> What I want is a nice plastic box, ie proper product not a
> "home-made" device. So Im looking for more professional
> look, Im totally fine with the electrical content, the
> circuit seems really nice. (many commercial alternatives
> requires 4(!) batteries to operate, and I highly suspect
> that it has no special circuitry).

   Actually, that would be my preferred way of doing it: 4 NiMH cells
in series and no special circuitry to waste battery power. Most NiMH AA
cells will easily deliver 1000 mA and the nominal 4.8 V output is fine. The
catch is that fresh off the charger, the voltage is nearly 5.6 V and the
absolute maximum rating of the Neo is 5.5 V.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen