fixing bug #1024 successful reports?

Bernd Prünster bernd.pruenster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 12:53:48 CEST 2009

Paul Fertser schrieb:
> Bernd Prünster <bernd.pruenster at gmail.com> writes:
>

>> i treid to remove the can from the modem, but there is this other small
>> pbc ontop of it that seems to be glued and connected to the mainboard
>> through a connector plug.
>> my question: how to remove the can without damagin anything? (there is
>> this metal mesh which is glued on aswell , but that wont be a problem)
>>

> Simply slowly pull the wlan board, it unglues easily. Be careful
> dismounting the can, better spend more time on it. Just pull it a bit
> with a pin-pointed knife in every reasonable place, eventually it will
> come off.
>
> Good luck!

I DID IT!!! without smd capacitor
disassembling until the modem circuit si uncovered is a real bitch! took
ma over an hour to get the can off!
the good part: you dont need an smd capacitor!!!
you need a capacitor which is small enough to fit in the gsm antenna and
some of these lacquer wires (which are used in unductor coils)
solder a wire to c1009 (+) the lacquer wire easyli fits through the can
even when colosed, colder it to the capacitor (+) solder another wire to
gnd of the capacitor
solder this wire anywhere where you can find gnd (i used the drilled
holes at teh edge od teh mainboard)
place the capacitor in teh gsm antenna, close everything and you are
done, no smd capacitor needed, no smd soldering station needed.
it works!!!
standbytime now is 100 hours which means for me 2 and a half day of
typically phone usage total uptime till i need to charge.