fixing bug #1024 successful reports?

Thomas HOCEDEZ thomas.hocedez at free.fr
Mon Aug 10 14:22:20 CEST 2009

Bernd Prünster a écrit :
> Paul Fertser schrieb:
>
>> Bernd Prünster <bernd.pruenster at gmail.com> writes:
>>

>>> i treid to remove the can from the modem, but there is this other small
>>> pbc ontop of it that seems to be glued and connected to the mainboard
>>> through a connector plug.
>>> my question: how to remove the can without damagin anything? (there is
>>> this metal mesh which is glued on aswell , but that wont be a problem)
>>>

>> Simply slowly pull the wlan board, it unglues easily. Be careful
>> dismounting the can, better spend more time on it. Just pull it a bit
>> with a pin-pointed knife in every reasonable place, eventually it will
>> come off.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>

> I DID IT!!! without smd capacitor
> disassembling until the modem circuit si uncovered is a real bitch! took
> ma over an hour to get the can off!
> the good part: you dont need an smd capacitor!!!
> you need a capacitor which is small enough to fit in the gsm antenna and
> some of these lacquer wires (which are used in unductor coils)
> solder a wire to c1009 (+) the lacquer wire easyli fits through the can
> even when colosed, colder it to the capacitor (+) solder another wire to
> gnd of the capacitor
> solder this wire anywhere where you can find gnd (i used the drilled
> holes at teh edge od teh mainboard)
> place the capacitor in teh gsm antenna, close everything and you are
> done, no smd capacitor needed, no smd soldering station needed.
> it works!!!
> standbytime now is 100 hours which means for me 2 and a half day of
> typically phone usage total uptime till i need to charge.

Hi,

We (french FR comunity) are trying to solve the #1024 bug. I put a 10uF
SMD cap inside my GSM can, and I saw an increased battery life. your way
to solve it is not as clear as I understand it.
Correct me if i'm wrong : you only soldered the (+) of the c1009 cap to
the GND ?  or other way my english tell me you did : on wire on the (+)
of the cap, on on the (-), and the two wires on the GND of the phone ?

By advance thanks a lot.

Thomas
openmoko-fr.org
freerunner.daily.free.fr