fixing bug #1024 successful reports?

Bernd Prünster bernd.pruenster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:39:15 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>
> We (french FR comunity) are trying to solve the #1024 bug. I put a
> 10uF SMD cap inside my GSM can, and I saw an increased battery life.
> your way to solve it is not as clear as I understand it.
> Correct me if i'm wrong : you only soldered the (+) of the c1009 cap
> to the GND ?  or other way my english tell me you did : on wire on the
> (+)  of the cap, on on the (-), and the two wires on the GND of the
> phone ?
>
> By advance thanks a lot.
>
> Thomas
> openmoko-fr.org
> freerunner.daily.free.fr
maybe i screwd the description up

i attatched a pic describing how i did it.
basically solder a lacquer wire to c1009's (+) wich you will fit through
the shielding can so you can add another c in parallel which can be any
kind of tht electrolyte capacitor small enought to fit in the gsm
antenna. ofcourse this c also needs to be connected to gnd, so take
another peice of lacquer wire to connect the other capacitors (-) to gnd.

hope it helps (pics will be postet within the next days)

br