Freerunner audio channels

David Fokkema dfokkema at ileos.nl
Mon Aug 10 17:13:18 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 16:33 +0300, Alexander Shulgin wrote:

> >> And what do I do if I happen to have one?
> >
> > Tweak alsa state files appropriately. There's a routing diagram on the
> > wiki that explains everything needed.
>
> I'm quite experienced programmer, but this is just too deep for me
> (plus the documentation is sparse and decentralized).
>
> Could anyone assist me on this task?  What exactly to change?
>
> Maybe someone already had similar problem and solved it?  It would be
> really nice to see the solution and try it out.

Well, if you read the first post in this thread, it tells you two
things:

1) Yes, the documentation is too sparse and often self-contradictory
2) Use Angus Ainslie's mixer scripts (see
http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td1676346) if that doesn't
work (it doesn't currently on my phone) use pymixer.py instead of
fsomixer.py. An older version, but very functional.

When using pymixer.py, first make a call, _then_ run the script and play
with the settings. In the OP, you can see what I have done. To maximize
earpiece volume, just max out the bottom two settings. In this script,
input and output are reversed (just the labels, nothing more).

Good luck!

David