fixing bug #1024 successful reports?

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Mon Aug 10 18:05:41 CEST 2009

I've been following this discussion from a distance, not paying much
attention, but I'd like to warn that this fix is better done by
replacing the original capacitor. One should avoid putting wires
inside an RF can, especially if they run towards the outside of the
can. It ruins the can shielding purpose... you're probably setting
yourself up for some other different problem derived from RF
interference after you do that...

Citando Thomas HOCEDEZ <thomas.hocedez at free.fr>:

> Nice a picture is universally understandable !
>
> Just a doubt I still have: why did you draw the c1009 outside the GSM
> antenna. regarding to this picture :
> http://n2.nabble.com/attachment/2971067/0/GSM_Modem_rework_try.JPG It is
> inside ...
> I'm a bit upset ...
>
> Bernd Prünster a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We (french FR comunity) are trying to solve the #1024 bug. I put a
>>> 10uF SMD cap inside my GSM can, and I saw an increased battery life.
>>> your way to solve it is not as clear as I understand it.
>>> Correct me if i'm wrong : you only soldered the (+) of the c1009 cap
>>> to the GND ?  or other way my english tell me you did : on wire on
>>> the (+)  of the cap, on on the (-), and the two wires on the GND of
>>> the phone ?
>>>
>>> By advance thanks a lot.
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>> openmoko-fr.org