fixing bug #1024 successful reports?

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:13:20 CEST 2009

Vasco Névoa <vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt> writes:
> I've been following this discussion from a distance, not paying much
> attention, but I'd like to warn that this fix is better done by
> replacing the original capacitor.

Yes, with the one with low ESR, so one most probably will have to use
a ceramic.

> One should avoid putting wires inside an RF can, especially if they
> run towards the outside of the can. It ruins the can shielding
> purpose...

Probably yes, probably not. Depends on luck and black magic. But
you're right, if routing anything outside the shield can be avoided,
it should be. Or at least some small nice ferrite should be placed on
the fire as near to the can as possible.

Thanks!

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com