Free runner doesnot power up

Markus Maria Miedaner markusmiedaner at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 10 19:36:21 CEST 2009

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 02:24:18PM +0200, you (Rask Ingemann Lambertsen) wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 11:58:16AM +0530, RANJAN wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have not been using my free runner for about a week.I tried to turn it on
> > by pressing the power button but it does not.I have plugged in the Charger
> > and pressed the power button but still it does not turn on .I even tried NOR
> > boot with Aux and power button but still it does not turn on.Is it that the
> > device is dead or the battery just need to be charged for some hours before
> > I can use it again?
>
>    Please say which date code you have (printed in battery compartment) and
> if you know it, which hardware revision you have. Hardware revision A5 (date
> codes 20080718 and earlier?) aborts the power-on sequence at a very early
> point if the battery has been completely discharged.
>
>    Things to try if you have hardware revision A5:
> 1) Borrow a compatible battery. See
> https://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Battery#Compatible_Replacement_Batteries
> 2) Get hold of an external Li-Ion charger. See
> https://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Battery#Alien_Charging_of_Battery

Ciao Rask,

have you tried connecting the fr to your computer?
A couple of weeks ago I had a similar problem. My FR was discharged and didn't boot
even when connected to the charger. The AUX-Button was flashing
a couple of times while i tried to boot the fr (NOR/NAND .....).
Once I plugged it into the usb-port of my pc, openmoko (2008_12/ASU) booted just fine
without touching the device.

cheers,
markus

> --
> Rask Ingemann Lambertsen
> Danish law requires addresses in e-mail to be logged and stored for a year

--> yeah, I know what your talking about ,-) Please use pgp/gpg.