[shr-u] wifi timeout with mokonnect

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:40:11 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 02:41:53 am Paul Fertser wrote:
> Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at gmail.com> writes:
> > 2009/8/11 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>:
> >> Anyway, connman is a real piece of crap (but NetworkManager is just
> >> marginally lesser crap) sprout from people with NIH sindrome who don't
> >> understand NM.
> >
> > does wifi work yet with newer kernels? i heard some time back that .29
> > had issues. i don't think i've ever got wifi to work
>
> .29 has issues but those in kernel are workaroundable. Those in
> firmware are independent from the kernel and are unlikely to be ever
> solved. Luckily they don't affect the majority of users.
>
> Please try wpa_supplicant method as described on FSO_Resources
> wikipage and report the results.

I know wpa_supplicant stopped working for me, I don't know what went wrong
but when I started using mokonnect/connman it worked with no hassles with the
.29 kernel with out the test patches installed.
--
"We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other reason
than only freedom can make security more secure."  Karl Popper