Screen in FR goes black and white after resume from suspend

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Tue Aug 11 03:34:06 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 09:30:55AM +0800, W.Kenworthy wrote:

> Seems to me that both uboot and Qi are missing the initialisation of
> something important on startup.  And with resume, is Qi or u-boot
> involved at all?

   Yes. On resume, the CPU executes the reset handler, with the registers
gstatus3 and gstatus4 preserved from suspend time and thus containing
information left there by the kernel on suspend. The boot loader performs
very basic setup of CPU and memory clocks, then checks these two registers
to handle resume from suspend. On resume, the kernel takes over from there.
The WSOD problem on resume is a kernel problem. It should perform all the
necessary initialisation of the screen. It just isn't known yet exactly what
is missing.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen