[ANN] Freerunner GTA02A7 on regular sales

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Wed Aug 12 11:12:21 CEST 2009

Hi all,
we are happy to announce that we and our partner TRISOFT now have the
GTA02A7 models on regular sale and can ship from stock.

What are the differences to the A6 models?

* PCB revision A7
* buzz-rework not required (to remove interference from GSM
transmitter into microphone signal)
* no capacitor on SD slot required (to remove interference from SD
card clock to GPS receiver)
* better recovers from completely empty or no battery

You can easily distinguish the A7 from GTA02A5/A6 devices by the DATE
CODE printed on the label inside the battery compartment or on the
black box.

Code 2008xxxx  -> A5 or A6
Code 2009xxxx -> A7

Although it does not solve all problems that have been reported (which
mobile phone is 100% free of flaws?), the A7 is the best Freerunner we
ever had!

For those new to this list: the good thing is that it is
* completely open mobile handheld platform
* well documented
* has all necessary certifications (FCC, R&TTE, CE, WEEE, ...)
* is available from stock
* software is becoming more and more stable (FSO, SHR etc.)
* a platform with a future (GTA02-core)

Nikolaus

Product link: http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Neo%20Freerunner

Mobile Office Solutions
by Golden Delicious Computers GmbH&Co. KG
Buchenstr. 3
D-82041 Oberhaching
+49-89-54290367
http://www.handheld-linux.com

AG München, HRA 89571
VAT DE253626266
Komplementär:
Golden Delicious Computers Verwaltungs GmbH
Oberhaching, AG München, HRB 16602
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller

Digital Tools for Independent People