Evopedia 0.2.1

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 11:27:25 CEST 2009

2009/8/12 Vincent MEURISSE <openmoko-community at meurisse.org>:
> On Wednesday 12 August 2009 10:09:51 am Christian Reitwießner wrote:
>> So the bottom line is: I don't know if the size can be reduced
>> significantly. For Evopedia 2.0 I do the dumps myself (mainly because
>> those on static.wikipedia.org are more than a year old), but it takes
>> really long
> Why not use dump DB from <http://download.wikimedia.org/backup-index.html> ?
> The last dump for  English version is 5GB but you will probably need to add an
> index to have the file usable.

there's also this, which takes an xml dump as produced by wikipedia
every two months or so, processes it in a few hours to produce an
index, and will run anywhere that has php, perl and a couple of other
generic utilities

http://users.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~ttsiod/buildWikipediaOffline.html

i had it on my laptop a while back, it was very usable. no images though