[shr-u] wifi timeout with mokonnect

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:53:35 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Bernhard Reiter<ockham at raz.or.at> wrote:
> hi,
>
> using shr-u and mokonnect, i get a timeout when trying to connect to my
> "managed" wpa-secured home wlan router (while it is trying to setup
> dhcp, though things work fine with my laptop). is this some well-known
> issue or do i have to investigate my setup? (any debugging hints?) and
> what is the "rsn" encryption option that i get by default after a
> network scan but can't select in the list of encryption ways?

Hi Bernard, I'm try to address all wlan problems together and coding a
wifi manager prototype, that at some point may evolve in a freerunner
dedicated network manager with a splitted gui.
Please try it and report if it solves your problem, if possible use a
kernel with no wifi bugs.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/NWA

Regards

    Nicola