[SHR - Latest unstable] opkg not found!

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:05:45 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Tony Berth<tonyberth at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I got the latest SHR unstable and when trying to run 'opkg' I get:

Some patches were applied in the last months on the shr opkg, breaking
here and there, some reverts, some repatches and so on.
One of the symptom is the missing link to opkg, the out of memory/fork
problems, difficulties in upgrades etc.
Until some days ago the entire build system was broken and not able to
produce bootable images.
As now I can see new shr images I suppose they are working hard on that ;)

As of human curiosity I'd like to know the reason to apply patches to
opkg as other OE distros with old version of it seems to not suffer
for that problem, and what will happen to that patches where
shr-import will be pushed to oe.dev.
No flame please, I want only to understand a bit more ;)

Regards

    Nicola