is wifi-driver developed anymore?

Vinzenz Hersche hersche at puzzle.ch
Wed Aug 12 22:05:42 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 12. August 2009 21.51:04 schrieben Sie:
> Vinzenz Hersche <hersche at puzzle.ch> writes:
> >>
> >> You might have as well looked at the commit log and loose all the
> >> hope. If you're talking about ar6000 driver then there're no chances
> >> it will support master (or monitor) mode ever. I don't see why you
> >> think it might be possible.
> >
> > then please help me someone to learn the necessary-things about
> > kernel-hacking (i know, it's a lot of work!) to fix this **** bugs in
> > wifi?
>
> I tell you the most nasty bugs are in firmware. Which we don't have
> sources for and don't know a way to update anyway. Blame Atheros.
>
> > i hope, the kernel-hackers who written the driver wakes up and fix
> > this soon.
>
> Unlikely. Originally written by Atheros.
>
> > bad from fic...
>
> Openmoko Inc. is not FIC! And OM can't be held responsible for
> Atheros's fuck ups.

ok, them may we should write all mails, or better real letters to atheros..
they made the chip, so they should fix these fucking things. if they sell
something, they have to make it working!

but i also find something from the nwa-article in openmoko-wiki...

2.6.29 kernel workaround
On OM 2.6.29 kernels wifi is broken, software putting down the interface (e.g.
wpa supplicant in some cases) will break ar6000 module. A workaround has to be
implemented and activable in the configuration file.

is this now  up2date-thing or are there workarounds?

because if not, how it works with kernel 2.6.30?

who would help to write atheros? hope, i'm not alone with the wish of a
working wireless..