[SHR-u] Abyss or gsm0710muxd? (Was: Re: [SHR] opkg upgrade (10 Aug 2009))

David Fokkema dfokkema at ileos.nl
Thu Aug 13 12:33:23 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 13:56 -0400, D. Gassen wrote:
> I had the same problem but I solved that (for me) by reinstalling a
> couple of packages:
>
> opkg install -force-reinstall libgsm0710mux0 libfsotransport0 \
> 	 libfsoframework0 libfsobasics0 fso-abyss fsousaged \
> 	libgsm0710mux-config frameworkd frameworkd-config-shr \
> 	libframeworkd-phonegui-efl0 \
> 	shr-contacts shr-messages shr-dialer ophonekitd
>
> (I hope I got them all, I didn't use one command but several)
>
> After that the phone connected properly to the GSM network, was able
> to read all my contacts and I could make and receive calls again.

That's funny. I don't have fso-abyss on my phone. Apparently, it is a
new GSM muxer implementation by Mickey to replace fso-gsm0710muxd, which
_is_ installed on my phone. I'm running SHR-unstable from July 31st (or
a few days before that). Did something change in the latest images?
Isn't SHR using nice metapackages to move people to the new daemon on
upgrade? Or did you just custom install fso-abyss?

David