[shr-u] wifi timeout with mokonnect

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:37:37 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 11:19:55 am you wrote:
> Adam, i can't see a decent reason for you to omit the list from CC.
>
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:09:35AM -0400, Adam Jimerson wrote:

> > > AFAIK either you're not using any WPA networks or you use
> > > wpa_supplicant, connman can't affect that.
> >
> > That is right all the networks I use, or try to use, are just MAC
> > filtered which wpa_supplicant use to work fine for but it stopped getting
> > DHCP for some reason and the same goes for Mokonnect/connman
>
> wpa_supplicant never gets DHCP, that's something a dhcp client should be
> used for. Also you don't say if you tried the maxperf trick or not.

I know that wpa_supplicant doesn't handle DHCP but when I was using it then
the ifup command would say that it connected, didn't return an error, but DHCP
would always fail but it never did this before.  Then I switched to mokonnect
after learning about it and it worked right after install until it got updated
from the one in the SHR feeds which I'm guessing something broke.
--
"We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other reason
than only freedom can make security more secure."  Karl Popper