[shr-u] wifi timeout with mokonnect

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Thu Aug 13 16:55:38 CEST 2009

>> I know that wpa_supplicant doesn't handle DHCP but when I was using it
>> then
>> the ifup command would say that it connected, didn't return an error,
>> but DHCP
>> would always fail but it never did this before.
>
> "ifup" command is unnecessary here and quite possibly messes something
> up.

ok, i bite.

_how_ is it supposed to be done?
enabling wifi manually is not advised
ifup is not necessary and might be messing up.

please, paul, give me (and probably others too) a plain working example
how to get up and down wifi repeatedly and reliable.
i don't have mokoconnect available, connman does not work for me on debian
and the two or three other managers mentioned here and there are not
available to me.
the most basic way would probably be
/etc/network/interfaces
so, how should that file loook like, how (if ifup is not advisable) is the
iface to get up and down?