[shr-u] wifi timeout with mokonnect

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 17:39:51 CEST 2009

Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com> writes:

>> > "ifup" command is unnecessary here and quite possibly messes something
>> > up.
>>
>> _how_ is it supposed to be done?
>>

> Same here I would like to know how to connect to a network without using the
> ifconfig commands

0. So, clean boot, you didn't touch resource policies in any way (SHR
settings/mdbus/whatever).
1. Then ``vim /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf'' and configure the
way you need.
2. Then ``fsoraw -r WiFi -- wpa_supplicant -ieth0 -Dwext
-c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf'' and wait for it to associate.
3. ``dhclient eth0'' (or whatever your favourite client is)
4. enjoy

If the step 2 or 3 fails, then
2.5 ``wmiconfig -i eth0 --power=maxperf''

HTH
mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com