Commercial alternative to "MintyBoost"

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Thu Aug 13 20:03:16 CEST 2009

> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Rask Ingemann
> Lambertsen<ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk> wrote:
> > The
> > catch is that fresh off the charger, the voltage is nearly 5.6 V and the
> > absolute maximum rating of the Neo is 5.5 V.
>
> Yepp, you need a comparator, which also waste power...
>
> Btw, what is the nominal input of the freerunner?
> Im asking because this chinese PowerGuy charger's output was 6.7V
> (without load).
> How big resistor should I test the charger? 50Ohm?
>
> Im planing to buy more chargers, until I find "the true" charger.
> I dont care if it is Li-Ion charger. or it works with AA batteries.

I have this one [1] but it only has 2000mAh which feels like just beeing enough for one full charge

> Would be nice if it could charge itself and display (and also switch
> off) when he is
> fully charged. If it works with AA batteries, then should also charge it.

If you find one working with 4 AA cells that works with a Freerunner without additional mods this would be great (I have to carry a lot of rechargable AAs anyway).

[1] http://www.vesalia.de/e_navilockusbpowerpack.htm