[shr-u] wifi timeout with mokonnect

Peter Mogensen apm at bigendian.dk
Thu Aug 13 20:15:19 CEST 2009

Paul Fertser wrote:
> Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com> writes:
>> Same here I would like to know how to connect to a network without using the
>> ifconfig commands
>
> 0. So, clean boot, you didn't touch resource policies in any way (SHR
> settings/mdbus/whatever).
> 1. Then ``vim /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf'' and configure the
> way you need.
> 2. Then ``fsoraw -r WiFi -- wpa_supplicant -ieth0 -Dwext
> -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf'' and wait for it to associate.
> 3. ``dhclient eth0'' (or whatever your favourite client is)
> 4. enjoy
>
> If the step 2 or 3 fails, then
> 2.5 ``wmiconfig -i eth0 --power=maxperf''

No luck...
If I omit doing step 2.5 as step 1.5 eth0 just disappears after using
step 2 (fsoraw).
If I do step 2.5 just before fsoraw it just goes quoted below.

I'm curious. WiFi used to be easy to get going. I just edited my
wpa_supplicant.conf, added the wpa-conf to /etc/network/interfaces and
did an ifup eth0.
What went wrong?

$ ./fsoraw -r WiFi -- wpa_supplicant -ieth0 -Dwext -c/etc....
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup()
without pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup()
without pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS
CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS
CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS
CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS