[SHR-U] Transparent qwo

Richard Kralovic riso at om.ksp.sk
Fri Aug 14 11:22:33 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am using transparent qwo, but I haven't upgraded my FR since I wrote
the instructions (it's on my todo list, but... :-) ). So, I am not very
sure about the current state of packages, but to the best of my
knowledge, situation is as follows:

1) 2) Nobody maintains Xglamo, last commit at git.openmoko.org was 7
months ago. Glamo driver for xorg is under active development, so maybe
it just works by now. Nevertheless, the patch on Xglamo was accepted to
SHR quite long time ago, so if you use SHR+Xglamo, part of my patch
should be included. (It is the part that fixes crashing; the second part
of the patch that improves motion event handling has not been included
afaik).

3) No idea if the composite extension is enabled by default in any
distribution, but this is just a configuration issue...

4) Xcompmgr is in openembedded, but I do not know if the binary is
provided by the standard opkg feeds of any distribution.

5) You do not really have to patch qwo; an alternative is to use
transset utility to set the transparency manually. However, the patch
improves usability significantly imho. The transparency patch has not
been accepted upstream yet. (Actually, last commit to qwo git repository
is from 28 May).

6) I am not aware of any inclusions of the illume patch anywhere.

Greets
	Richard