GPS NMEA sentences over serial port

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Thu Aug 13 16:50:41 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 05:17:07PM +0530, RANJAN wrote:

> > >http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_GPS
>
> Well there is only information about reading NMEA using the older gpsd but
> not the fso-gpsd.

   It is the same because that is the whole point of having fso-gpsd. Like
it says on the first line: "If backward compatibility is needed, use ogpsd
with fso-gpsd."

> And in my FR I could not find the folder /tmp/nmeaNP.

   OK, the wiki page is a bit ambiguous in that section, but where it says
"Neo" it refers to your Neo Freerunner or Neo 1973 and where it says "host"
it refers to the "other" device you have, such as your laptop or desktop
system.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen