Fwd: buzzfix in India

Vikas Saurabh vikas.saurabh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:35:14 CEST 2009

Hi All,

We are planning a buzz fix for FRs in India. As Rakshat has already
pointed out, the guy who would do the buzz fix is placed at Delhi. IDA
systems would be bearing the cost of buzz fix while we need to take
care of sending in the devices and take it back.
People in Delhi itself can of course bump in personally.

I already know of Vibhav and Gora who are in Delhi and would be
interested. Please use this thread to show your preference and if you
be shipping or coming in personally. We are still to figure out a date
for this.

The buzz fix would be done at:
Baig Electronics
K-33 Batla House, near Mosque Khalilullah
Jamia Nagar okhla
011-26984151
9810134572
(although I couldn't figure out the exact address but Mosque
Khalilullah is at http://wikimapia.org/587273/Masjid-Khalilullah...so
reaching there shouldn't be very hard :)

<quote from Rakshat's first mail>
IDA Systems (with support from Openmoko) will cover the actual costs
of the buzz fix procedure and the components. Shipping costs (to and
back from) Delhi, where the contracter who will undertake the Buzz Fix
is based, will have to be borne by the customer (We will work with you
to get good and easy shipping options and also give a free extra
Battery as a return gift with each Freerunner sent for the Buzz Fix to
cover costs)
</quote>
I am unsure how would that work out but I guess Rakshat can jump in
here. While I don't know about postage options, I think the package
can still be sent to one of us (users) and we would take all the FRs
to the guy at the same time.

I think we can update http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/BuzzFixParty as
soon as this takes a little more shape

--Vikas