PISI 0.4 released

Michael Pilgermann kichkasch at gmx.de
Fri Aug 14 19:53:02 CEST 2009

Hi,
I got around this problem with manual restart of SHR dates backend
process after every sync. A pre- / post-routine option was added - so in
your configuration file you can configure shell instructions now, which
will be executed by PISI before / after sync (working well for me).

Don't forget to modify your configuration file after upgrading to get it
working:

##########
## 1.3)
## Local ICS file (iCalendar) for "dates" software from pimlico (dates
in some distros)
##
[pimlicodates]
description= Pimlico Dates
module=calendar_ics
path=/home/root/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics
postprocess=killall e-calendar-factory

I noticed, that you can do quite some funny stuff using this option -
e.g. I can sync my Desktop Calendar (Sunbird / Lightning) now using SSH
commands:

##########
## 1.5)
## Remote ICS file (on a SSH-Server (scp))
##
## - make sure, you don't need a password for this account (e.g. key
file without password)
## - I notied, you should create your key file on Openmoko - otherwise
will bring an error:
##      dropbearkey -t rsa -f ~/.ssh/id_rsa
## This example is an ICalendar on your desktop machine, which you have
configured in
## Sunbird / Lightning as 'file:///home/username/test.ics' (on the desktop)
##
[sshIcs]
description=ICalendar on SSH Server
module=calendar_ics
path=/tmp/pisi-tmpcal.ics
preprocess=scp -i /home/root/.ssh/id_rsa \
username at 192.168.0.200:/home/username/test.ics /tmp/pisi-tmpcal.ics
postprocess=scp /tmp/pisi-tmpcal.ics \
username at 192.168.0.200:/home/username/test.ics && rm \ /tmp/pisi-tmpcal.ics

I have not yet uploaded a new version to opkg.org - find a priliminary
version (I used for testing) attached to this email; a new version will
follow end of this weekend ...

Michael