[shr-u] wifi timeout with mokonnect

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 15 12:23:38 CEST 2009

The way I got around this is to use two scripts - the first just handles
spawning wpa_suppliocant and stops at a read statement - then hitting a
return key exits the script.  The various rm and kill commands are to
cleanup before and after - needed for reliable and repeatable
connections!  This works with AP's wpa2, wep and no encryption at all (I
use kernel 2.6.28 on shr-u, but it works with 2.6.29 as well)

The second script just calls the first using fsoraw - I use a desktop
icon calling script2 using "xterm -e script2"

script1:
#!/bin/sh

killall -9 wpa_supplicant udhcpc
sleep 1
rm /var/run/wpa_supplicant/eth0

echo "wifi starting!"
/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -B -t -i eth0 -Dwext
-c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
sleep 8
ifup eth0
route del default gw 192.168.0.200
read
ifdown eth0
killall -9 wpa_supplicant udhcpc
echo "WiFi off"

script2:
#!/bin/sh

export USER=root
export HOME=/home/root

cd /home/root
ifdown eth0

sleep 1

/usr/bin/fsoraw -s -r WiFi,CPU -- /home/root/mefiles/wifi

echo "Done!"

Home in Perth!