Convert travel diaries to JOSM suitable gpx files

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Sat Aug 15 15:22:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

as I use travel-diary[1] every now and then to map POIs I made a little perl script to convert the CSV to gpx files.
You can find it here[2].

It reads from STDIN and prints to STDOUT

Usage is simple:
cat <diaryfile> | traveldiary2gpx.pl > poi.gpx

If you want the timestamp to be included you also need Time::ParseDate and Time::CTime to be installed on your system, they are in package "libtime-modules-perl" in Debian.

To avoid confusion: I do the conversion on my PC after downloading the diary CSV files from my Freerunner

Cheers,
 Christian

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Travel_Diary
[2] http://git.senfdax.de/?p=travel-diary;a=blob;f=scripts/traveldiary2gpx.pl;h=d877e78b90a245fc4fcd56565b6f81f2eb963922;hb=a2ee31cda85ced30c12ad502d6f36270d2376cdf