[fso] opimd?

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:06:59 CEST 2009

On 8/17/09, jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com <jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 16, 2009 5:22pm, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak <seba.dos1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The same for messages, but it stores smses only when some other
>> backend than SIM-Messages-FSO is specified as default.
>> About databases in /etc - I agree, but that's how it was before I
>> started to work at opimd and I din't touch it.
>
> Sorry for hijacking the thread, but after getting fed up of having to
> delete texts from the SIM to free up space, I thought I'd give the
> sqlite-backend a try, as the wiki[1] gave the impression that the basic
> functionality was there.
>
> I set the sqlite-backend for messages as default in the SHR-Unstable
> settings/other/PIM domains window and rebooted. After not receiving any
> texts after several hours, I had to switch back to the SIM.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff
>
> [1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Opimd

That should be obvious - messaging (and notifing) apps which support
opimd. Your messages came, and are stored in opimd, but as you don't
use any opimd based app you can't see them.

opimd support in SHR apps will be there after rewrite, which hopefully
will happen soon.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos