[ALL] uboot, SDHC, and ext2

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Sat Aug 15 21:21:54 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 08:59:13AM -0700, Russell Dwiggins wrote:

[Failure to read ext2 partition using ancient version of U-Boot]

> I added the info to the discussion of the Booting_from_SD page, but I
> thought I'd bring it up here as well since I haven't seen this discussed in
> the wiki or in these lists.  Is this well known?

   Well, OM U-Boot was patched nearly four months ago to address this very
issue. See

http://git.openmoko.org/?p=u-boot.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/stable

>  Do we know if there is a
> uboot capable of  booting cards partitioned by modern mkfs?

   Just upgrade your U-Boot. You need the version
57f7a4288aaa08d2dc480a923372e7a7781ce882 or later. See
http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/experimental/

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen