GPS NMEA sentences over serial port

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Sun Aug 16 20:11:18 CEST 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 05:18:13PM +0530, RANJAN wrote:
> >   Alternatively, and this is what I suggest, use ssh to forward connections
> > from the gpsd port on your laptop to the gpsd port on your Neo:
> >
> > $ ssh -L localhost:2947:localhost:2947 debian-gta02 -- sleep inf &
>
> Can I use this to forward the 2947 port from Neo to 2947 on laptop ,in other
> sense can I get the values being generated from Neo at 2947 of Neo be
> available at 2947 on the laptop.

   Yes, you run the command above on your laptop. Btw, if you want to access
port 2947 on the laptop from some other host, you will need to cut off the
first localhost: so the command reads

$ ssh -L 2947:localhost:2947 debian-gta02 -- sleep inf &

and maybe also change some ssh settings. See the ssh manual page.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen